- Make sure that you meet the grade requirements.
- Make sure to have a well-thought project proposal and a problem that can contribute to new research in that area.
- It is a good idea to talk to the academic department/contacts of where you expect to be affiliated with during the PhD program.
- Look for a PhD supervisor with the knowledge in the research topic, who has possibly collaborated with relevant research interested company and who is experienced with PhD supervision.
You should also contact the doctoral schools for further information. The doctoral schools have the overall responsibility for organising and developing the PhD programmes offered. https://www.en.aau.dk/research/phd/doctoral-schools
If you are interested in an industrial PhD, the conditions can be read here: https://innovationsfonden.dk/en/programmes/industrial-researcher#accordion2955
AAU Fundraising and Project Management Office can assist you in case:
· The applicant has support from the academic contacts here at Aalborg University (i.e. The department and supervisor are already confirmed)
· The application is for external funds, for instance at the Innovation Fund (Business PhD).
Please find more information on the funds here: https://www.funding.aau.dk