Graduating – what to do? 2018 CPH
For all 2018 international graduates/soon-to-be international graduates at AAU CPH
13.06.2018 kl. 10.00 - 14.00
Have you just graduated? Or are you just about to graduate?
Then come and get inspiration and essential tool for how you find your first job as graduate (we will focus mainly on jobs in Denmark).
You will hear the company NNIT and another company tell what they attach importance to concerning recruiting newly academic graduates – and thereby what you can do to make your motivation and competences even more clear.
You will meet Unemployment Benefit Funds (”A-kasser”) and unions, who all possess indispensable knowledge regarding job search.
You get insight and tool within:
- How you use network when searching for a job
- How you find, contact and present yourself the best way to potential employers
- How you can use your cross-cultural experience as an asset – and be aware of when it is a challenge
- Which possibilities through job center and unemployment benefit fund, that can help into job as well as which obligations you have, if you get unemployed
- Possibility for individual counselling concerning your action plan for finding your first graduate job.
What to think about when going for a job in Denmark?
Per Henriksen, HR Recruitment Partner i NNIT &
Kia Cecilie Sørensen, Talent Attraction Manager, Copenhagen Capacity
Pause with free sandwich and drink
How do you use network when applying for a job unsolicited etc.
Lars Ulrik Jeppesen, consultant at CA A-kasse (unemployment insurance fund)
Table discussions facilitated by organisations:
- Table 1: If you get unemployed – possibilities and service
Facilitators: Anne-Sofie Skovmand, Jobcenter Copenhagen & Lars Ulrik Jeppesen, consultant at CA A-kasse (unemployment insurance fund)
- Table 2: Networking for graduates – how to do it!
Facilitators: Jannik Talleruphuus, consultant at Akademikernes (unemployment insurance fund), Emma Wisbech Pedersen, consultant at MA A-kasse (unemployment insurance fund) & Sanne Mattebjerg (IDA – The Danish Society of Engineers).
- Table 3: Your cross cultural experience as an asset – and a challenge!
Facilitators: Kia Cecilie Sørensen, Talent Attraction Manager at Copenhagen Capacity & Trein Møller, consultant at DM (Danish Association of Masters and Ph.D.’s)
Action plan – next step?
Exercise with directly counselling from the organisations. Here you have the possibility to talk with consultants about your thoughts on job seeking in order to make a plan.
We offer lunch and drinks during the event – we look forward to seeing you!
If you have any questions or need to cancel, please contact AAU Career CPH: firstname.lastname@example.org
AAU CPH building A, Konferencesalen 1.001
13.06.2018 kl. 09.00