Become a Young Professional in Denmark - boost your career in Denmark
For international students at Aalborg University in Aalborg, Esbjerg and Copenhagen
The Young Professionals in Denmark Programme (previously Youth Goodwill Ambassadors) helps international students in Denmark gain insights into the Danish labour market and working culture, and provides you with the professional tools to land a full-time job in Denmark after graduating.
About 40 international students from Aalborg University are enrolled in the programme each year (September-June). During their time as Young Professionals, the students participate in courses, workshops, company visits, career fairs, and network gatherings. The Young Professionals gain knowledge about each step of the application process in Denmark - from the initial stages of the job hunt, including writing a good CV/cover letter and creating a purposeful LinkedIn profile, to the more complex aspects of how to approach future employers at fairs or networking events, and how to communicate competencies and strengths.
The Young Professionals Programme in Denmark is carried out in collaboration with seven other major Danish universities and our external partners at Copenhagen Capacity.
The programme offers
- A global network of 1000 international fellow students and young professionals from more than 70 countries.
- Participation in job matchmaking activities and learn how to brand yourself towards future employers. During the programme, you will have the possibility to join events both hosted by Copenhagen Capacity and Aalborg university. You are also secured a seat at the International Talent Conferences.
- Expansion of your professional network through meetings with leading companies in Denmark.
- Get advice on, and inspiration for your future career in Denmark – both locally in Northern Jutland but also nationally.
- Being part of a professional fellow student network where you benefit from each other’s knowledge and strengths.
- Getting access to your “own” career counsellor who can assist you in your future career.
The application deadline for 2019-2020 has passed – apply again next year.
We are looking for members who believe that Denmark is a unique and attractive work and study destination. Selection for the programme is based mostly on your motivation for pursuing career opportunities in Denmark during and after completing your studies but we also consider things like your current field of study, previous work experience and language skills. We expect you to participate in the monthly events.
Please note, to join the Young Professionals Programme, you must be a non-Danish full-time master's degree student at Aalborg University in Aalborg, Esbjerg or Copenhagen. If you are an exchange student, you are unfortunately not eligible to apply.
How to apply
NEXT DEADLINE: september 2020